Flame of the West
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's with the Adverts and Pop-Ups!

+2
Hestin
Scarlett
6 posters

Go down

What's with the Adverts and Pop-Ups! Empty What's with the Adverts and Pop-Ups!

Post  Scarlett Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:40 am

Are these mandatory requirements by the Host provider for running this site? If not, why have they been set up please.

I personally cannot stand sites with adverts and pop-ups Sad

Scarlett

Back to top Go down

What's with the Adverts and Pop-Ups! Empty Re: What's with the Adverts and Pop-Ups!

Post  Hestin Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:44 am

Hmm Scarlett, where and when do those appear? I have not noticed anything yet.
Hestin
Hestin

Back to top Go down

What's with the Adverts and Pop-Ups! Empty Re: What's with the Adverts and Pop-Ups!

Post  Leodwulf Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:03 am

I haven't seen any ads here either. Though i'm using Opera which tends to block some of them before i notice them. Just checked the site wit IE too and didn't catch anything on that.

Leodwulf

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:55 am

There should be no ads or pop-ups in relation to this site.

I run IE and have had no problems with it.

You might want to check anything running in the background.

Admin

Admin
Admin

https://fotw.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Bekkers Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:33 am

I have seen the ads when I am in the forum without beeing logged in. The ads disappears when I log in.

Bekkers

Back to top Go down

What's with the Adverts and Pop-Ups! Empty A Little Basic Website 101 Info

Post  Scarlett Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:38 am

Note the the inclusion of the 'Clicksor' ad banner on the forum page!

"Contextual advertising technology by Clicksor allows online visitors to enjoy the content of the Web site and bring generous earnings to webmasters at the same time. Clicksor will pay webmasters up to 60% of the advertising revenue to place contextual ads on their Web sites or blogs. We can also offer the best rates compared to any network with our ClicksorControl feature. Payments are based on a net 15-term on a bi-weekly schedule. Webmasters can select from a wide range of media, such as text banners, graphical banners, pop-under advertisements, search boxes, contextual inline links, layer ads and XML feed to host on their Web sites or blogs."

I don't get the pop-under adverts on my PC, but I do on my son's (running XP) - I guess I could spend time and lock out the pop-under on my son's PC but that's not the point I'm making.

Thank you for the 'useful' comments earlier, and yes I can confirm that my son's PC is adware/spyware clean etc., and the pop-under is being generated by 'Clicksor' when I visit this site.

Scarlett

Back to top Go down

Post  Leodwulf Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:10 am

Looks like its how Bekkers said, there are only ads if you are not logged in. Also there doesn't look like to be any with Opera too even if you are unlogged. But to the question, i don't really know if this is an 'option' that is mandatory by the host. I searched a bit the forumotion forums and saw only few posts about it. Not sure if there is some clear rule when and how ads will be put to our forum. According to this post: http://help.forumotion.com/updates-and-new-features-f24/no-more-ads-on-your-forums-t15100.htm i understand that the ads will be taken of completely in the close future. But good point there about the ads, i didn't even think about it before.

Leodwulf

Back to top Go down

What's with the Adverts and Pop-Ups! Empty firefox and addons!

Post  Markiel Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:09 am

I use Firefox and there is a lot of good addons to it. E.q. Adblock Plus and NoScript. With these and other addons You can stripe of almost all extra content of pages. After I have used them so long time I was shocked to see some of my favourite pages with full content. Shocked

Frigga
Markiel
Markiel

http://www.markonet.fi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum