Flame of the West
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Straw for weapon grafting

4 posters

Go down

Straw for weapon grafting Empty Straw for weapon grafting

Post  Daboo Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:44 am

I have heard some mystic stories about this straw and how it helps raising weapon grafting thingy (professional term).
Enlighten me o wiser ones how it is used and and how does it work? (im such a lazy bum that i cant google it myself Razz )

:Daboo alien

Daboo

Back to top Go down

Straw for weapon grafting Empty Scrolls perhaps

Post  Kudosarian Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:29 am

Straw??? Now that is a new one one me. I know about scrolls that scholars can make that will help raise your crit chance for a limited time. Shamous can supply you if you need any.

Kudos
Kudosarian
Kudosarian

Back to top Go down

Straw for weapon grafting Empty Straw for weaponsmithing

Post  Markiel Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:37 am

Some nice person told me how this works. E.q it works fine for Historian (Scholar, Farmer, Weaponsmith) but other can also advance weaponsmith with straw. This is how it works:
1. Farm Winter Barley (Artisan Farmer skill). It has straw as byproduct
-Master Artisan Skill can be achieved with hard work and some money. All materials can You buy from Vendors and rest farm Yourself.

2. Make Basic Lure Trap (Expert Weaponsmith skill) from Bundle of Straw
-Very rare item at AH, so You need a farmer friend.

There is Scrolls for every skills except farming. Higher level Scrolls have higher crit-%. I can make them and have them also in bank. But Scrolls needs raw materials from mobs, so there is limited amount of them.

Frigga is going to farm after she gets level 35 and horse. That is because my baby boy loves to see Frigga riding and it has been quite expensive to buy riding trips back and forth. I am going to farm this Barley and vegetables written in other thread. so if I get much extra Straw, can You get it from me. But I can be lazy too, don't know beforehand. Shocked
Markiel
Markiel

http://www.markonet.fi

Back to top Go down

Straw for weapon grafting Empty Re: Straw for weapon grafting

Post  Scarlett Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:32 am

You really only want to use the bundles of straw to make the top two tiers of lure traps, as it's not that difficult to obtain the ores necessary to master up to expert level.

You can buy all the lure traps off the expert weaponsmith vendor, so don't buy them from the AH.

Although the quantities of straw and the experience given through making lure traps was 'nerfed' as part of Book 12, it's still probably the most time and cost effective method of GM'ing weaponsmithing - it's still going to take a fair amount of time and effort though.

As Frigga says, it's really a good way for a historian. If you can't farm yourself just make an 'alt' to do the farming - farming is really easy to master, and whilst many people find it boring I quite enjoy it from an 'immersion' perspective and makes a welcomed change of pace to running around killing stuff.

Scarlett

Back to top Go down

Straw for weapon grafting Empty Re: Straw for weapon grafting

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum