Flame of the West
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proposal: Recurring roleplay night (focus: adventures)

+4
Kudosarian
Tiriwen
Barstan
Hestin
8 posters

Go down

Proposal: Recurring roleplay night (focus: adventures) Empty Proposal: Recurring roleplay night (focus: adventures)

Post  Hestin Tue May 13, 2008 12:47 pm

Hear ye! Hear ye! I have a proposal for a

Recurring Roleplay Night with emphasis on adventuring

Outline:
- The event would ideally take place once a week, at a prearranged time/date that is to cater to all people who are interested.
- You will have to create a new LVL1 character ("alt") which is played exclusively on said event nights. No leveling or logging in of said character on different occassions than for the event is allowed
- The focus is to create (via roleplay and acting in character at all times) the illusion of a band of virtual adventurers, each and everyone of them with their own mind.
- Typcial activities on the roleplay night can range from (but need not include) questing together, pursueing non-combat, daily life activities, tavern revelries etc. The primary goal is not to achieve a certain level and/or part of the general LOTRO storyline together as a group.
- Each and every player is urged to play out their characters as authentic in-character as possible so that the general direction of group activity may be as unpredictable and thusly as fun as possible for everyone participating.
- A few common examples for character personalities and their impact on the rest of the group:
>>A pent on trial of strength and fame warrior, who taunts everyone into setting out of town and fulfilling great deeds, maybe some that are actually quite over their head and thus draws the ire of the more level-headed characters in their group.
>>Au contraire, the bookish scholar that shows a fear of open and wide areas, pretty much anything outside of his study, who is in clear opposition of doing anything physical at all, lest of all slaughtering the local goblin population. He will also affect the majority of his group, especially so if he should have the ill luck to be amongst all warrior types like mentioned before.
A note to the wise: please understand that these two examples of typical character personality are as stereotypical as they can get, and while they are perfect to kindle sparks of roleplay you may of course chose to be more subtle. The end result for every player participating should always be achieving the most satisfactory interaction of your individual character with the rest of the group - basically the way how -you- envisioned your character to be like when you created them.
- Participating characters may or may not know each other from day one of the event taking place. This is entirely up to the discretion of the individual player. Should you decide that your character is well known by the "core" of the adventuring party I would suggest that you put together a small biography or list of trivia to your character consisting of everything that other characters would be able to know. Also, designate who of the other characters would know, in other words, which of the starting characters would be considered "friends" of your character's.
Should you decide that your character is to be a complete stranger to the "core" of the adventuring party then you need not put a biography or trivia to your character and a possibility will be set up so that your character may "bump" into the rest of the party.
- The length of a single session is not yet determined, I however believe that out of courtesy to everyone else, a single running roleplay night should be stopped once a member has to quit for the night. The majority of any questing should be done together. Whatever number of players remain online may engage in trivial activities like finding a tavern, sitting around a campfire to talk etc.
A short example: player Amdor has to call it a night due to an early work morning, he logs out his roleplay night character "Kurgan" and roleplays him renting a room in the local tavern to take a nap. The rest of the party makes their farewells and remains in the same tavern downstairs to talk about the events of the day and their adventures together.
Note: of course it would be very well possible for the rest of the characters going on a new adventure without character "Kurgan" but from an out of character viewpoint it would be very curteous of the players to engage in a trivial activity so that Amdor will not miss out on a good time -and- their character "Kurgan" possibly being left sketchy on what happened while he was still asleep ("What?! You let me sleep for that long while you went all the way back to Bree to help that one guy?! Meh!")

Signing Up:
If you are interested in joining the roleplay night event please respond to this thread with the name and class of the character you are going to create.
After a two weeks of signing up time we will proceed to the next phase where every player may decide if and which characters their own character "knows" already before the start of the first session. Remember if you chose to be known by others please submit a simple biography and also declare which characters would relate to each other (talk to the players of the other characters too to get their consent!).
I will create a standalone thread containing any biographies for easy access.

(this thread will be updated with new/corrected info as needed. please send me private messages via the board or talk to me in game for clarifications and/or additions. thank you for your time.)

Last edited by Hestin on Wed May 14, 2008 12:30 pm; edited 3 times in total
Hestin
Hestin

Back to top Go down

Proposal: Recurring roleplay night (focus: adventures) Empty Re: Proposal: Recurring roleplay night (focus: adventures)

Post  Barstan Tue May 13, 2008 1:40 pm

I will be most innterested in joining theese events...
Altought I can't util my exams are over. I will then get meself a roleplay alt.
Barstan
Barstan

Back to top Go down

Proposal: Recurring roleplay night (focus: adventures) Empty Re: Proposal: Recurring roleplay night (focus: adventures)

Post  Tiriwen Wed May 14, 2008 9:44 am

Hi Hestin!

As you already know, we'd like to join to these events (;
Two characters from our side, mine is a female hobbit minstrel and Teluil's a male hobbit burglar (yes, we're a couple in every RP Razz).
Was thinking a lot about our characters today and I can't wait to RP them, it will be so much fun ^^

One question: since there will be different races in the fellowship, how will we meet? Do you want to roleplay the pre-instance? Where will we meet with the others after that? (Shire would be a good place to start I think, since it's so peaceful and not many aggressive monsters around - means that maybe we won't die while roleplaying Very Happy)

Great idea, I hope we will get more people to join! Cheers! (:
Tiriwen
Tiriwen

Back to top Go down

Proposal: Recurring roleplay night (focus: adventures) Empty Hmmm......

Post  Kudosarian Wed May 14, 2008 11:56 am

I would be up for this as well.

Kidosarian is a role player, and I had hoped that he would be something of a dark mystery, with mood swings etc. But to be honest, since he joined the Kin, I have found it difficult to maintain his character (as I am too much of a joker to pull it off and you guys are far too nice to be anything but nice in return). But I feel I have let him down, so I will have to rethink his character a little.

So, that leaves room for another character to assume control where Kidos leaves it. I will have to give it some thought, and I'm not sure I can guarantee being around all the time, but I guess that's the beauty of role playing, I will have to think of somewhere that I have been.

Anyway, count me in for now.

Kudosarian
Kudosarian
Kudosarian

Back to top Go down

Proposal: Recurring roleplay night (focus: adventures) Empty Re: Proposal: Recurring roleplay night (focus: fellowing)

Post  Drea Wed May 14, 2008 12:24 pm

I really love this idea, though I don't know what type of character I would create (as I already have a few alt characters as well). I think it sounds like a lot of fun and a good way for us all to stay on the same page, if you know what I mean. I am in, just let me know the day and time everyone agrees on. Pretty much anytime works for me, as I am only a few days away from being completely finished with school. Yay!

~Drea
Drea
Drea

Back to top Go down

Post  Gloromund Fri May 23, 2008 3:22 am

I would be really interested as well by this seducing idea. I have not a specific idea of which character to create yet. But a loremaster historian is up in my mind for personnal reasons. So why not the occasion to do it ?

Anyway Hestin thx a lot for this wonderful proposal.

Gloromund

Gloromund

Back to top Go down

Post  Hestin Fri May 23, 2008 5:58 am

Barstan wrote:I will be most innterested in joining theese events...
Altought I can't util my exams are over. I will then get meself a roleplay alt.

Hello Barstan,
around what date would you be free of exam stress and carefree enough to particpate in the event?

Furthermore, it would seem that Teluil/Tiriwen ("The T's") have some sort of computer problems at the time, so I think it could be agreed on that we postpone the initial start of the RP sessions for now.

Thanks to everyone who signed up / showed interest so far!
H.
Hestin
Hestin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiriwen Sat May 24, 2008 5:00 am

Aye, we are back now so let's get the pary started cheers
Tiriwen
Tiriwen

Back to top Go down

Post  Hestin Sat May 31, 2008 7:02 am

Alright, time to survey a weeday and time to run this.
Everyone wishing to participate please post their preferred day of the week.
I believe starting time can be put at 7pm GMT - thoughts?
Hestin
Hestin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Pipeleaf Sat May 31, 2008 9:11 am

Yes i am looking forward to this, i would like to be included, not sure of my race or class yet am amicable to move to a race and class that enables us to move together quickly. I have some ideas for a character but will work on them over the next few days to pin down exactly how i will play. I will say i am very new to this side of the game but joined the RP server for this very thing.

Bob Pipeleaf

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiriwen Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:18 pm

Sunday?
Tiriwen
Tiriwen

Back to top Go down

Post  Teluil Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:34 pm

sundays would be best for Tiriwen and I.. Saturday i think is a bad idea as conflicts with Rift raids may occur one day in the future. Unless we do it earlier on a saturday naturally..

Am looking very much forward to this bounce
Teluil
Teluil

Back to top Go down

Post  Drea Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:23 am

Sundays would work well for me too. Anytime in the afternoon/evening I will be free.

~Drea
Drea
Drea

Back to top Go down

Post  Gloromund Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:48 am

Sunday could work for me but i wont be able to log before 7h30 GMT and will have to log out around 11h GMT. If those conditions are acceptable for you, i will glad to be part of that experience.

Gloromund

Gloromund

Back to top Go down

Post  Barstan Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:52 pm

I can come most about everyday execpt thursdays.
Barstan
Barstan

Back to top Go down

Post  Hestin Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:14 am

EVENT TIME
this coming Sunday, 15th of June 2008, 19:30 GMT until about 23:00 GMT

d'accord? Very Happy
Hestin
Hestin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiriwen Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:16 am

Now the only problem is that the instance evening is also on Sunday. Cant we do it before that?
Tiriwen
Tiriwen

Back to top Go down

Post  Hestin Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:03 am

Tiriwen wrote:Now the only problem is that the instance evening is also on Sunday. Cant we do it before that?

Sunday afternoon won't do for me, sadly - it's football training time.
Any other proposal for day/time coming from the others?
Saturday evening? Friday evening? Anything else?
Hestin
Hestin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gloromund Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:08 pm

Monday, Tuesday, friday and saturday will never work for me. If sunday is already taken by instances, then it lets me only wednesday or thursday.

Gloromund

Gloromund

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down